Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 127 - More of Minca

COLOMBIA | Saturday, 18 October 2014 | Views [281]

Started our day again with breakfast on the hammock and a few coffees as we took on the view.

I decided I needed to get out & explore Minca while the others were content to stay in the hammock all day so I went with one of the hostel staff to check out some waterfalls.

We walked and talked and walked & ended up heading down to Minca for lunch. We ran into Ian from my lost city trek so he joined us for lunch too. Jo & I then hit up the cacao shop & started the walk back up to Elemento. It started to pour with rain so we stopped at a hostel about 45 mins up from Minca for a coffee break & shelter. Spent hours sitting chatting with the hostel owner, Duncan before realizing it was past 5pm & getting dark fast!

Jo & I walked briskly back up to Elemento, managing to do the 2 hour mission in about 1hour 15 mins. It was a little dark but not fatal! After leaving at 10am when we got back round 6.15pm we were applauded for our efforts & joined the group around the fire as we waited for the roast pork in the earth oven!

After the amazing pork I made up a huge batch of the cacao I had bought & we had hot chocolate around the fire. It was yet again, another fantastic night.

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.