Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 95 - Puerto Viejo

COSTA RICA | Monday, 1 September 2014 | Views [295]

The hostel was so loud and then once the music stopped at midnight all 12 or so of my door mates packed & left through to 4am.

I conceded defeat at 4.30am, got up & made my way to the bus station to get the 6am bus to puerto viejo.

Found a super cheap tamale & coffee at the bus station & enjoyed a very smooth journey to Peurto Viejo arriving just before 11am. Scored a hammock for a bed at Rocking J's and headed for a swim.

Was joined on the beach by a random local who gave me a Zapote fruit and decided he should spend the next hour helping me improve my spanish. It was all in all a pleasant exchange :)

Caught up with Lindy and headed off to explore and grab some lunch. Enjoyed a cruisy afternoon and sunset swim followed with dinner with some nice girls from the hostel.

Post dinner we went to a salsa bar and got stuck in the pouring rain. I decided to brave the odds & headed back to the hostel bar for a nightcap. I feel like that is a perfect transition to sleeping in a hammock right?

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.