Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 72 - Utila

HONDURAS | Monday, 11 August 2014 | Views [244]

Another late start diving and lazy morning on Utila. There is literally nothing else to do here apart from dive, drink and eat.

Lindy got the all clear to dive again & we headed off for breakfast & then for more delicious iced coffee to ease into the day.

Our boat captain was AWOL so out dive was delayed for at least an hour so we just swam off the jetty to try & keep cool. Finally we set off to Ron's row. It was a pretty shallow dive - only around 19m but there was a cool little wreck to check out as well as the reef.

We headed back to the dive centre to drop off some other divers & somehow lost our captain again before the second dive! Finally he reappeared after almost an hour & we headed out to the lighthouse. Another shallow, slow dive but did manage to see a Ray and plus underwater frisbee for a while :)

It was after five by the time we got back so it was pretty much a shower & off to dinner with Dad at a little Honduran cafe on the main stretch.

A piña colada nightcap & that was it :)

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.