Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 27 - Playa Cazumel

CUBA | Monday, 23 June 2014 | Views [434]

Decided to try a second beach excursion knowing it would probably not live up to our expectations of a 'nice beach'. We heard that despite still damaged from the cyclone a few beaches near Bacanoa out of Santiago were ok so we headed to Playa Cazumel.

While the beach wasn't great we had a little swim & enjoyed a lovely taxi ride with with Jorge. Despite our poor Spanglish chats & getting stung by a bee - ironically in the same leg that I got stung by the jellyfish it was all ok - nothing great but ok.

We spent the avo cruising around town including a good amount of time at the bank trying to replace a damaged note. The whole process took forever - the clerk had to get out a glue stick & attach the $10cuc note to a piece of paper & I signed at least four forms for a replacement! No wonder the queue is so long!

Finished the day watching the sunset with a cocktail from the roof of the Hotel Casa Granda which is right near the blue balcony from which Fidel announced they had taken Santiago in the Revolution.

Dinner on the rooftop of our Casa with our Dutch travel buddy was followed by a few Bucaneeros with two Aussie couples we met eatlier that day. A night of great story swapping that comes with the comfort of meeting people from home.

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.