Existing Member?

G'Lovers Travels

Another day in paradise....

THAILAND | Sunday, 21 November 2010 | Views [423]

Sunday 21st November 2010
Why is it that nature seems so much more scarier at night?! i thought that at 8am this morning when I woke up all brave and at one with it all. When walking to dinner last night a frog moved out of the way as I was heading straight for him (sensible frog!) and I shit myself! silly eh? The noises all around me are similar at night to those made during the day yet I'm more at ease with them in daylight hours. It's now 6.10pm in the evening and I'm sat outside again with all these noises - I'm becoming accustomed to them now. I really am enjoying my stay here at Away resort and don't want to even think about leaving yet.
I've just been and spoken to Andy the activity guy and I'm diving tomorrow. I'm meeting him at the centre at 8.45am for a 2 dive day. Can't wait, I'm excited about that now too - I'm a very excitable person these days!!
I've had a good day today. I got up and had my usual breakfast which consisted of a bowl of muesli and a bowl of local fruits with natural yoghurt on top plus a glass of OJ. I went and got a kayak and rowed to the beach! it seems funny but it's not swimmable, must be something to do with the boat traffic around the island so you either kayak or you can cycle like i did yesterday although this is the long route. 
I laid my towel on the same beach that I stopped at yesterday and spent a few hours there. It was very relaxing I swam in the sea, read and listened to my music (not all at once of course, I know I'm good at multi tasking but I wouldn't want to get my book wet!) It was a very hot day today hardly any clouds in the sky and I'm feeling a little red tonight. Not sun burnt as such but a little tingly around the edges!
My legs are really irritating me and have been all day (well ok, the bites are irritating me, I've got along with my legs for years now!) I get quite a response from any person who seems them. I must admit they're really nasty looking, a couple of them are beginning to look like red angry burn blisters! I need to be careful if I develop any more I'm in danger of looking like I've got measles and they'll not let me fly!
Sorry to change the subject but as I said I'm sat outside typing this and something's just crash banged into the side of the tent canvas and now I'm paranoid that I'm under attack by some Thai night monster!!? 
Right I'm going to sign off and read. Book one is nearly read! I'm in the 'happy book place' you know the place you lose yourself in on holidays and alone time? I only succeed in finding this place on holiday but I'm happy to say that i'm there with my book right now. I'm also looking forward to tomorrow as my friends Jo Jo and Joe will be arriving on the island. They don't head back to the UK until the 30th so I get the next 2 days with them until I head for home which'll be nice. I absolutely love my own space but having company every now and again is also nice. 
The Thai night monster is a GHECKO! ………. GHECKO ATTACK quick take cover!!!!

About kerrysgarner


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.