Existing Member?

G'Lovers Travels

first day in paradise

THAILAND | Saturday, 20 November 2010 | Views [248]

Saturday 20th November

My first night in a 'posh tent' was a success! 

I was a little edgy what with the noises from various birds & crickets etc. It was funny actually because I sat reading last night on the platform ousted my tent and from the beach island opposite all I could see was fire and I could hear girls screams (in a ooh party sort of way, not 'quick call the police someone's being attacked sort of way!!) It felt a little like I was in the movie 'couples retreat' you know where they're not allowed to go over to the party side of the island! I'm a little curious so I might take the kayak over there later and see what's occurring!

I had a lovely dinner last night shrimp spagetti. I also went to a bar just down the road from my resort called 'Sunset bar' a small hut next to the water where you have to take your shoes off at the door and you sit on cushions next to low tables. It was only 50BHT for a beer so I sat on the cushions and read. The girl working there had a tribute concert to Bob Marley on the flat screen TV, Lauren Hill was singing it made the atmosphere very chilled out. 

I think while I was sat though I got bitten to buggery! I have 22 bites on one leg (only below the knee) and 19 on the other! 

Walking back to Away resort where I'm staying was a challenge not only because 1 beer is enough to make me go la la, but because there are no street lights on Koh Kood! 

I went to speak to the activity guy earlier in the afternoon who's name is Andy (he's originally from Devon and has been island hopping Thailand for 8 years. He's been on Koh Kood for a month. I'm going diving with him for the day in the next few days.

I'm currently laid out on a rock right now next to Klong Chao waterfall. I cycled here from the resort. I've borrowed the bike for the day to explore the island! 

I'm sure all the people around me think I'm french! yep how embarrassing I forgot to shave my pits! To justify this:

Armpit shaving and leg shaving come hand in hand and since my legs have been bitten to buggery from Mosquitos or whatever's decided to munch on me I chose not to irritate them any more than they already are. No one knows me here anyway so I don't care! besides people reading this blog love me with or without hair growth! 

After the waterfall experience I collected the bike from a bush that I left it in when the rock walking got too much with a bike in tow and continued my exploration along the island I found a lovely little beach with just me on it next to 'Tinkerbell' resort I went swimming in the sea and bathed in the sunshine for an hour or so. I then found further along a place called 'Happy days' I sat and had a tuna salad and fresh fruit plus a sprite and it came to 215BHT. I decided to cycle back to Away resort then because my bites were really irritating me - I was in desperate need of a shower and I opted to chill in the afternoon breeze as the sun had gone behind the overcasting clouds. 

I'm now sat on the platform outside the tent again about to see what I fancy to eat. Something light again as the heat makes your appetite strange. But you guessed it when I'm done I'll settle with my book!!!! 

About kerrysgarner


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.