Existing Member?

G'Lovers Travels

Waiting to be put on to wooden blocks and drained!!

SINGAPORE | Monday, 15 November 2010 | Views [253]

Monday 15th November 2011

I didn't write anything on here yesterday as there really wasn't a lot to say! we spent the day out in the China sea just floating (I'm sure there was a lot more technical stuff going on, but I wouldn't know what?!) we completed all our last minute stuff around the office, handed in our pagers etc and then just finished packing. I've got less luggage than some of my friends……especially Donna! She's hilarious, her and Tom (we call him Princess Tom) actually have a case full of beauty products and make-up each! I have a back pack to take traveling with me. If I was really traveling from hostel to hostel I wouldn't be taking as much as I am but as I'm staying in 3 different hotels I also have a day pack as well. My guitar and another bag of belongings will go into to storage at Singapore airport in a few hours and stay there until the 25th Nov when I fly back to the UK. 

I have to pay for this storage and for both bags it works out about £50 for the 10 days which I think is very reasonable. 

We've just arrived into dry dock in Singapore but anyone would think I'm sat in Beirut…….it's a complete mess on here! I can't actually hear anything right now as I'm sat in what used to be 'Charlies bar' the only area on the ship with internet connection and air conditioning still! There are builders and contractors all over the place the floors and carpets have been ripped up and it's quite sad to see my home of the last 14 months being refitted like this. 

Venues that are unrecognisable: Village square (no wooden floor and the stairs are coming down) blue bar, Moviedrome, Marquee, Connexions, The Oval. ALL GONE! :(

No crew are allowed off the ship until we're on wooden blocks and drained (that sounds funny, eh?!) Hopefully we'll be allowed off soon. 

We had to be out of our crew cabins by 10am this morning as the whole of our street (the ST corridor where we all lived) is being broken up today! They're making our cabins a little larger so they'll be 4 berth. We were given suite cabins on A deck (deck 11) for the rest of the day, which sounds greater than it actually is, there's no air conditioning no beds (well they were stood up against the wall so we shifted them!) and the balconies have been ripped up! 

I'm looking forward to my first night in Singapore and the first of my 10 night adventure. In the nicest possible way I am looking forward to being alone and away from every one else. Wish me luck it's Kerry time! :) …x…..

Oh and I love you Dad - and don't worry! (I know he's reading this for sure) xxxxx

About kerrysgarner


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.