Existing Member?

G'Lovers Travels

Popping in to Singapore, then popping out again!!!!

SINGAPORE | Saturday, 13 November 2010 | Views [345]

Saturday 13th Nov 2010

Last night was the last night for Ocean Village :(

We're now in 'no-mans' land really. Officially the ship doesn't belong to P&O Australia until the 15th NOv and we're back at sea just off Singapore as I type and it still states Ocean Village on the funnel but we're just cleaning tidying and generally sorting through 7 years worth of toot!

It was a very emotional last day yesterday. There was a really bizarre feeling about the place. Our last sail out was from Port Klang which is the gate way to Kuala Lumpur. 

The last extravaganza show was an hour and a half long in the Marquee and was really good. It was hosted by comedian Kev McCarthy and the acts included Jaki Graham, The Chapman brothers, Tony Lewis as Robbie, Simon Ledger, Richard Sharp, Katy Reilly, Michael Boast, Keely Warrick & the Freedom to Move dancers all backed by Jet Set. 

A lot of passengers were emotional and also very complimentary of what us events team do. Which was nice. 

We've got to know so many people over the past 3/4 weeks and they're people we'll not forget in a hurry, some real 'crack pots!' (a friendly term I use when we get to know the passengers!) 

So as I say we set sail from Singapore earlier today and will be spending the day at sea tomorrow doing tests on the ship and then we get back into Singapore on the 15th Nov where we all disembark, this is where my adventure begins……………..

About kerrysgarner


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.