Existing Member?

Kerry's European Adventures

3 Days in Barcelona

SPAIN | Thursday, 12 September 2013 | Views [195]

I have long been fascinated by Barcelona , a bustling metropolis , which combines all the advantages of a big city with a beach holiday feeling . The end of April I finally had the opportunity to see Barcelona.

Our first stop was our hotel, the Casa Camper Hotel - a beautiful hotel in the center of the city. The taxi ride took less than twenty minutes. The hotel is very attractive not only because of the colorful, modern designs , and the location is absolutely fantastic if you want to explore any time of day or night the city.

There are TapasVom hotel is only a few minutes walk to the shopping street Passeig de Gracia , Barcelona's landmark Sagrada Familia to you need to walk about a quarter of an hour. In general, we were very much in Barcelona on foot . Actually we wanted to buy a three day ticket for the Barcelona bus , but does a ticket for the popular double-decker 24 Euros ( per person per day ) , so we were rather on foot or drove long distances by taxi.

Taxi driving in Barcelona is in fact considerably cheaper than in Germany , even if one travels some distance on the day by taxi , you can get away it cheaper than the bus . Also culinary , you can indulge in Barcelona at each corner favorable. Whether the popular tapas or whole menus: We almost always ate for two including drinks for 30 euros .

When two women in Barcelona are traveling, shopping of course plays an important role . Barcelona is the shopping mecca , and I can definitely agree since my short trip . Whether you prefer the popular Spanish fashion chains , like shopping at the big designers and international labels , or want to see beautifully designed , small shops Individual : In Barcelona will definitely discover everyone some great highlights. My tip : Depending take half a day to stroll through the trendy district of Gracia, Gothic Quarter . In Gracia you will find in addition to fashion many cute little cafes and restaurants, cultural highlights in Barri Gotic and charming little alleyways.

And when we're on the subject of culture : Barcelona is influenced by the works of Antoni Gaudí . Not only Barcelona's beloved Sagrada Familia comes from the Catalan artist , the Casa Batlló or Casa Mila . But my personal highlight in Barcelona was his most extensive work , the Park Güell . The park was commissioned for the industrialist Eusebi Güell , which he created in the period of fourteen years. The impressive gardens are influenced by Gaudi's works , which blend nicely in the Mediterranean vegetation . The park is very touristy, but thanks to its size, spread the crowds .

Definitely worth a visit , as is the beach promenade and the popular Barceloneta Beach . Thanks to its great location, the city takes place in Barcelona very much close to the beach from . Not only that, there is a long, wide sandy beach that attracts tourists and locals at the first rays of the sun . There is also a very nice promenade to stroll along with numerous cafes and restaurants overlooking the sea.

Shopping, beach feel and many cultural highlights: Barcelona is definitely worth a trip . However, you should take at least four days to enjoy the many attractions, cafes and shops and also properly to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of this city full.

About kerryp


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.