Existing Member?

Kerry's European Adventures

Short trip to Saltzburg

AUSTRIA | Friday, 13 September 2013 | Views [298]

Mild temperatures , the sun rays tickle the skin, thanks to daylight savings time soon even an hour longer in the evening . Long the winter will be no longer able to maintain the desired spring and we also expect a few cold days , whether at Easter or later. Perfect timing for an iconic city trip to Salzburg.

The Salzach river gurgles gently through the middle of the historical old town UNESCO , flows past historic buildings , haunted courtyards and lively squares . Over the rooftops and through the winding streets blowing a touch of romance , Salzburg's unique atmosphere can be felt in every corner . Sweeten this special moment with a round chocolate ball , named after the famous composer .

Gigantic and protective at the same time perched high above the old town , the Hohensalzburg Fortress, the unmistakable landmark of the city of Mozart. Travel . Return to the past and take a stroll through the magnificent halls and state rooms of the largest fully preserved fortress in central Europe So you do not miss anything of this medieval gem during your trip , saving has to ! Them the Fortress Card is already included in the travel package. Hear the fascinating stories excited from the Audio Guide , which presents a history of the town and castle detail in an entertaining way . Or, take the threads into their own hands and marvel at the Fortress and the cute puppet museum , partly antique dolls. You do not have to condition athletes to climb the mountain fortress , thanks Fortress Card, you use the funicular free .

After a tour of the castle sovereign you can at the Castellani Parkhotel dream like a prince . Surrounded by a large park on the outskirts , this 4- star hotel combines classic historical elements with modern architecture. I managed to get a discount code at Hotel Discount Codes so I saved some money there. In the 17th Century guests stayed in the noble mansion of the adjoining parish and still enchants The baroque chapel with savings ! Guests with its old world charm . A 400 year old lime tree provides shade - there are beautiful dreams of the past.

Use your bridge day and go back in the winter , enjoying a romantic getaway in the Mozart city on the Salzach .

Tags: saltzburg

About kerryp


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.