Existing Member?

Keren and her Ramblings

Catch up for a few days

PERU | Friday, 14 September 2012 | Views [347]

Hello!

It has been a few days...I was trying to keep up the writing by hand and then type it up but it just hasn't happened so today we are going by memory.   Think of it as a clean summary, miss out the boring information just give me the highlights or in fact the the brilliant low-lights when things go wrong (don't think I really have any of these yet.).

So I went to Banos in Ecuador after the jungle and it was beautiful.    Its a small town set right in the mountains and has a volcano for company.    When I was on the bus winding up the mountain roads it just got more and more impressive so you can imagine the smile on my face when I realised this was where I was staying for the next couple of nights.    It appeared pretty rapidly to me as I was walking through the town that Banos was kind of a mecca for outdoors activities.    So the next day I got right to it and rented a bike.   I always forget how riding a bike can make me feel so young and free (not that im really old but you know).    There is a route that you can take which takes you to see about 5 different waterfalls and ends up at the big one called Machoy.    The ride tallies up 24km but half of that is cruising down hill, thats what I call lovely.    The waterfall in itself was bloomin impressive, massive and falling with such impact.   I got wet just with the spray so decided 'hmm already half wet why not go for a swim?'...the swim was great.

Anyway I didn't have as much time in Banos as I would have liked as I had to get to Quito to get a flight to Lima (this is the rich version of travel, everyone else takes a 30hour bus but I was on tight time so splashed out).    So I had one night in Quito, didn't really see much, so didn't really love the place.   I did however by an Alpaca scarf/blanket for $8 and I love it, great purchase.

Im now in Lima, Peru.    Very happy with my hostel (HQ Villa) it feels so homely and relaxed, the only issue is trying to get a taxi to find it!! I was driving around in the taxi for about 40mins and I swear he was just circling and so we had a little confusion with the amount to pay at the end but we met half way and both went away quite disgruntled.    All that behind now, Lima was explored today and its alright.   It's a city.   A big city, kind of chaotic but someone how managed to get on the right bus to the centre and back so all is dandy here.    Saw tons of churches, not really my way to see a place but I was playing tag along with a group of 3 so I just went with it.

Not sure I have anything else to say right now so i'm going to sign out and enjoy my evening!

Bye xx

 

About keren


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.