Existing Member?

In A Life Time If you didn't know how old you were how old would you be?

It took some time but we got here!

CANADA | Saturday, 29 March 2008 | Views [364] | Comments [2]

OLA,

So we thought we would be arriving on tuesday moring after a few connecting flights with united but well we were wrong. Its always nice to start to trip of with areminder of what travelling is all about.

We left for guatamala for the calgary airport on moday and only made it to San Fran before our connecting flight got cancelled missing and so missing our other connecting flight to guatamala city. So united in there wisdom wanted to send us all the way over to new york, yes backwards and then board a plan with another airline to guatamala with no time to find our backsacks. Call me crazy but i deffinatly wasnt ready to part with my pack that early in the game. So we scrapped that idea and they put us up in a hotel for a night which turned out in my favour as i ended up getting a flu within about two hours and was coughing up a little blood no idea how it came on so fast but it left just as quickly.

Next day back to the airport ´´Sorry miss we dont have you on any flights for today they have you book tommorow evening to fly out¨. Another hotel room, another day wasted but time to sleep some more. Finally jumped on our plane on wednesday night to L.A. and then on to Guatamala city from there. Joined up with 4 other travellers to get out of Guatamala city safely at 5am in the morning to Antigua, wasnt really planned but anyway out of the most dangerous city in central america was best. And to make some travel buddies straight up was great. Going to be keeping in contact with them in our travels for sure.

So far I feel very safe and comfortable although it deffinatly was a wake up call again when i jumped into the cold dirty showers again with a shammy as a towel. What are ya going to do. LOL. Antigua id very colourful city and so far have already had qa one hell of a hang over. Money is a little up and down with some things in US $$ and others in Quetzales. Spanish lessons are needed but i guess it will come. Leaving to go to Caye Calker an island in belize. Time to soak up some sun and salt after that we mean business!

Until Belize, Adios

Comments

1

You and the French Guy suck!!!! Soaking up sun and salt.... man I'm jealous. Still cold as a witches tit up here, actually it got colder after you 2 left. We're still stuggling along at work. Check this out. Jason and Cythia were out back having a smoke today and this drunk guy came stagering up and was just kind of standing there. Then a truck pulled in and tried to park in the spot by the back door. Jason told them this is private parking and they would have to move. So the girl starts chinning off at him and they start getting back in their truck. Just then the drunk guy (remember him) staggers over to the truck and pukes in the back of their truck!!!!!! Way funny!!! Karma baby, karma. Put out good and good will come back. Any way, stay safe and we'll stay in touch. The journal is a great idea... way to go Roo!!

Tim

  Tim Mar 29, 2008 10:35 AM

2

Hey Baby!! Glad to hear you're having fun even with all the carry on. Jess is missing you big time, as is everyone else here! Have fun and take care sweetie.

Cyn

  Cynthia Apr 1, 2008 2:42 AM

About kellydunbar


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.