Existing Member?

Sailing on a Ship That's Bound for Life The first week of summer my friend Kaitlin and I will be going down to Orlando, Florida to go see all the magic that Disney World has to offer, and to get a tan.

Disney World: Epcot

USA | Tuesday, 6 May 2008 | Views [872]

Wow the last few days have been pretty much amazing. I am already two days behind on updating my journal so I'm just going to talk about getting to Florida and going to Epcot and will probably add more to this entry later because I don't think I'll remember everything now.

First of all, leaving home was a blur. It seems like we had just gotten done with the 9 hour drive home from Pittsburgh before we were packing the van back up and heading to the airport. Luckily flying home on breaks has taught me to pack light so I managed to get everything into a small rolling bag and a purse. The flight was straight to Orlando so it was easy, but I just got so excited when I saw all the little kids getting on the plane too. They just made me even more excited to get to Disney World.

When I got to the Orlando Airport the Hughes came and picked me up and it was soo great to see them again I can't believe it has been two years! By the time we got to the hotel that night we were pretty much ready to pass out because of all the traveling all of us had done, but we still scoped out the area around our hotel (which is  beautiful) and got something to eat.

We ended up going to this place called Pacino's Italian Resteraunt which was really pretty and had amazing food. We had mussels for appetizers...moto bono! Then to end the night a guy we had met earlier who works on the board of Kaitilin's school saw Mr. Hughes' college sweatshirt and paid for our appetizers and drinks! Pretty sweet. After that we headed back to the hotel and Kaitlin and I  went swimming.

Day 2

Epcot!! We left around 12 in the afternoon after Kaitlin and I had finished swimming and then we drove over to Disney World! The first thing we did when we got in was go on Spaceship Earth in the giant Epcot ball which I didn't know was a ride! I thought it was just a big ball! Anyway, we continued on to go to the FastTrack, Mission Space, The Seas, Soarin', among other things I will remember when I'm less tired.

I have to say I never was much  for those virtual reality rides but I absolutely loved these. I wasn't sure at first how into Epcot I would be but it is absolutely beautiful with the gardens and the lake in the middle of it. Also the countries that it has around the lake are great. They made me want to go see the real countries they showed. Apparently they even went and got architect from the countries they were representing to design the buildings.

The lazer/firework show at the end really made the day. The fireworks and lazers were syncronized with the music they played and this giant globe lit up and showed images from Disney movies and life and at the end it opened up and this big torched turned on inside and shot out fireworks at the end. It is definitely something worth seeing.

That about sums it up for Epcot. I think I will come back and re-word this later when I'm not so tired. Pictures to come as soon as I get home!

Tags: disney world, epcot

About kelly_grigg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.