Existing Member?

Astronauts on Earth Crash landing around the world

This is Richard Duardo, and You're Not

USA | Thursday, 14 August 2014 | Views [344] | Scholarship Entry

I think I figured it out. Displacement excites me. The act of placing myself somewhere, feeling uncomfortable until I finally fit in. It's my little addiction, a small tear in my soul that makes one disappear into that adventurous abyss. And then the camera! Capturing moments and transforming them into something infinite...the "flashback".

At the end of the day, experience trumps money. The most beautiful films and photographs describe the creator's life, allowing you to take a glimpse into their miscommunications, romances, and escapades. I've been a film maker for nearly four years now, escaping from an undergraduate Neuroscience degree to enter a bigger world. Yet, even in those years, I had devoted my life to training intensively in martial arts, since the competitions took me to training with Olympians to fighting in front of hundreds of people betting on you to lose. Of course, these have all been placed under the memory category. I can only relive them through the scattered clippings and videos taken by third parties.

Film gives me another chance to reclaim everything the mind loses. I want to continue traveling, crusading into deserts, endless mountains, or mad events, adding to my life movie. Over the years, my films developed alongside me, with hints of grunginess, naiveté, anger and happiness. Whatever the situation, I've gotten better at capturing something beyond the moment. In Mexico, I'm ready to capture feeling...I feel it.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About kayo

Me!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.