Existing Member?

Kayley's Adventures This page is for everyone out there who knows and loves me and wants to know everything that I'm up to. Of course I can't promise I'll put in ALL the details but I'll try my hardest!

Catching Up

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 18 December 2007 | Views [338]

hey kids, sorry it's been so long. not much access to the internet and been really busy. which i guess is a good thing but now u know that im still alive! woohoo! after dublin lou and i went west to galway in ireland. the best place EVER! pubs were awesome and met some really nice guys as well. actually thinking of going back there to work when I'm done with my first bit of travelling. it was a little town with great locals. i bought an awesome mug for my tea which is massive and has the guiness sign on it (for all those who know how much i love tea, ull realise how big this mug has to be) stayed there for 3 nights and then went north to belfast. not much there and probably won't go back in the future. after galway it just seemed too big, boring and industrial. we then had a big trip up to edinburgh. 2 hours on the ferry and then 5 hours on the bus. it was the most incredible, beautiful city! we looked to our left on the bus and there were heaps of shops and all that and then to our right was the castle, the old bank of scotland and some of the most amazing historial buildings. we stayed near the royal mile which was cobbled and it just felt like we were going back in time. we did a free tour around the city and learnt heaps, some great stories which ill tell u all about when we go through the photos. and then lucy and i sat in a little cafe called 'the elephant's castle'. we had a yummy hot chocoalte (mine with baileys...mmmmmmm) and shared some caramel slice. u may be thinking, why is she putting in this detaill?? well, it was the cafe that the famous j.k. rowling wrote harry potter in!!!! after 2 nights in edinburgh we went down to york which was bloody freezing and saw all the viking stuff. we only spent 1 night there and then took the 5 hour bus trip back home to london to be continued....

Tags: Adventures

About kayley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.