Existing Member?

Life is a journey......

Eating Portuguese Tarts in Lisbon and London

PORTUGAL | Monday, 29 July 2013 | Views [390]

Fact: Portuguese tarts are a delightful pastry filled with custard
Fact: It is possible to get by with the clothes on your back in London
 
Kim and Hilary said goodbye to Kate and sent her on her way to London for the wedding. Hilary had her own tour guide, Kim to show her the sites as Kim had been to Lisbon before. The tour included a spectacular view of the whole city, graffiti art in an underground car park, some very cheap espressos, green wine and a touch of live music. It didn't take Hilary long to see why Kim loved the city!!
 
Kate left Hilary and Kim bound for London. It was a simple journey, or so she thought.... it started with a 2 hour delay in Lisbon, that's not all bad, there is plenty of shopping after all.   She landed in London at 12.30am, thinking her biggest hurdle would once again be customs, this was not the case.  Customs was a breeze!  It was when she got to the baggage carousel and waited..... And waited..... And waited..... Nothing! Kate stood contemplating attending the wedding naked, meeting Dave's family for the first time, good first impression right? All was fixed with a quick call to Cheryl, who put things in perspective, she was not being deported and all would be fixed with a quick shop. The wedding was fantastic! Kate wore a maternity dress from a charity shop (thank you Dave for being the fashion adviser). There certainly is a tale to tell of the first meeting of the family. After a lovely weekend Kate returned to the girls in Faro.....

 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.