Existing Member?

Moving Architecture art leaves in earth

Beautiful or dangerous

GREECE | Saturday, 5 July 2014 | Views [336]

There is a storm outside....Sand is all around, closing me in.Heavy drops of rain push my skin and immediately are turned into thin hot air. Air fast, air sweet ,air of the summer. 2 hours it lasts and then stops as quickly as it started.

No, I weren't in India, it was a hot and strange greek summer in the beach Melani in mount Pelion.What a lovely place to visit and set your tent. Light and dark blue, green and yellow all colours of the surroundings.Sea , sand and trees. My childhood is awashed with that picture.

Every summer for several cosecutive years, Melani was my  home. Being there with friends and family , enjoying the greek sun and the sea . I used to play from dawn to dusk , inventing games with my friends. The sea , either angry with huge waves or calm and peaceful, was our favorite game.It was a place of innnocence where all the misfortunes of daily life were left behind.It was not just a beach, back then. It was our secret heaven.

As peaceful and beautiful as it seems to be, sometimes Melani can offer her worse face to the strangers. When the air is strong huge waves can cover the whole beach and the nightmare starts. Flying tents, heavy rain or even drops of hard ice can destroy a moment of fun.But it is all over really quickly and the magic starts again.

Someone can get scared easily , but once you get through it , you realise it is not so difficult. Somehow that worth- visitng place, tries to protect itself from harmful visitors. Although the last few decades, it does not suceed very much, as even more new homes make their appaearence.

Beautiful or dangerous, Melani will always remain a good memory in my mind.

About katerinarch


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.