Existing Member?

Moving Architecture art leaves in earth

Oia a sight for lovers' sore eyes

GREECE | Monday, 9 June 2014 | Views [378]

Warm air is messing up my hair.Orange sun rays cover my skin. Voices all around me, laughing people, happy couples and kids waiting for a 'lifetime experience' as many of them call it.The sun has already made a big distance in its journey towards the sea level. Step by step it gets smaller and more and more orange. Step by step .. and the music begins.Violins' notes fill in the air forming love songs.

Sitting on a white house wall , I feel so happy and excited. Among my beloved ones I enjoy each and every single moment. Watching the sun setting, listing to the violins solo, touching the cool surface of the wall and smelling the beautiful.. wait what is that GARLIC!! Really that it is. I smell it now even more. Garlic is all around filing my nose. I just cannot stand it and noone around seems to pay attention to it.I'm suddenly getting thirsty, thirsty and full of garlic.

I leave off my friends trying to find some water and escape from that hell of 'gourmet'. It is unbelievable how much could someone pay to watch the really amazing sunset, which to tell the truth is the same from all parts of the earth, and by the same time eat in a fancy restaurant, of course surounded by hundreds of people that came for exactly the same thing.No I'm not a romance-spoiler. I actually enjoyed the sunset from Oia very much. But is it not funny in a way?

Back in time for the final dive , equiped with water and with the inbareable smell withdrawing, everything seems ideal.

The sun finally sets and the thousands clicks of the huge cameras instantly stop.Things calm down and peolple return to their daily-mood, except for those that have just proposed for a wedding.They say that once a couple goes to that place the will either marry or break up,due to the extreme magnetic fields triggered from the volcano. I really did not feel a difference, mainly because I was sourounded by friends.

Anyway, what I found most inspiring was the night in Oia. Partly due to the huge icecream sitting in front of me, but also because of the glimming sight of the moon being reflected on the sea level.From since I remember myself, I loved that sight.That is to me a really romantic scene.That lonely path of the most viewed thing of the sky.

 

About katerinarch


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.