Existing Member?

Travel Essays

La Fin~ Last entry from Europe...or so I hope

FRANCE | Monday, 24 May 2010 | Views [325]

At the end of twenty some odd days of travelling I am writing this last journal entry for no one in particular. I get the feeling I am writing for myself, but I must admit it has been a good way to organize my trip and my thoughts. British Airways on top of the disruptions from the volcano has decided that now is the best time for a strike. Therefore the first leg of my journey from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Heathrow in London has been cancelled but the second leg of my journey continues on. Say la vie... I learned about this two days ago but being the weekend,and me being in a series of very Catholic countries everything is closed on the weekend especially Sunday.

Today I go to the airport early, which defeats the purpose of my originally 5 pm flight, so that I can elbow my way into an earlier flight if necessary. I go armed with a very very long bagguette and the knowledge that if I am stuck, at least I am stuck in Paris.

Wish me luck and if anyone out there is indeed reading this I may (or may not) see you soon ^^.

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.