Existing Member?

Karen and Cheri's best exotic Indian adventure Karen and Cheri are roughing it for two weeks in Rajasthan.

The royal farewell dinner

USA | Monday, 24 November 2014 | Views [244]

Two queens on the royal barge

Two queens on the royal barge

Our last evening in Udaipur at the beautiful Lake Palace was topped off with the most amazing dinner party you could imagine.  We were transported by boat to our royal barge as the sun was setting over the lake.  After finding our comfiest spots reclined on tiered and pillowed lounges, we were served wine and appetizers while savoring the view and sharing our memories of these incredible two weeks in India. To our surprise, six oarsmen then appeared to man their stations and transport us quietly and smoothly around the lake to gaze up close upon the palace and the other beautiful buildings along the shore.  It is like the Venice of the east, with picturesque bridges and colorful walls and gardens in every direction.  As night fell and we swung by the softly lit arches of the old city wall to our next surprise five bejewelled dancers twirled out each to an archway where they entertained us with traditional dances to exotic music.  It was spectacular.  From there we cruised back to our mid lake dock and moved to our seats at the dinner table as our meal arrived on a smaller barge manned by chefs and waiters who boarded and served a delicious Indian feast hot and spicy and oh so delicious.  An evening we will never forget.

About karenleslieburns


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.