Existing Member?

Kaitie & Caroline's Epic Journey of Super Awesomeness!

Adventures of Koh Samui!

THAILAND | Thursday, 4 March 2010 | Views [560] | Comments [3]

So we started off in Koh Samui on the main beach strip, Chaweng. This is party central for Koh Samui Not yet fully at our A-game, we took it a bit easy and just layed by the beach by day, and ate yummy yummy food by night! The guesthouse we were staying at allowed you to borrow movies for free, so we were quite at our leisure! Our gueshouse was very small, consisting of only 4 rooms, all who shared one bathroom. The fun in this was, on our last night Caroline went to use the facilities, and after flushing, all of a sudden there were some weird noises, and no water would turn on. Uh ohhhhh! Yes, Caroline broke the one bathroom all 8 people had to share! So Caroline ran back into the room in a frantic panic, and told Kaitie " Crap! It hink i just broke the toilet!!!" (no pun intended?) As KAitie and Caroline have similar bathroom cycles, kaitie went in after. Luckily only having drank a bunch of water, it was not such a big deal when she realized that in fact, yes, Caroline did break the bathroom! And now begins the night of the communal pee pot! Luckily, no one ended up having to drop any kids off at the pool throughout the night! In the morning we were hoping we would wake up and everything would be fixed! No luck. Bathroom still broken! In need of a good shower before we checked out, we went down to consult the owner about the unfortunate event (that some random caused? ) Turns out, our hostel's water tank just ran out and had to be switched, and people were already there filling it up.Despite it not actually being Caroline's fault, Kaitie will forever torment her about how her ass broke an entire hostels bathroom. (Keep this in mind for stories of Koh Phangan).

This is when Kaitie and Caroline realized that their trip was no longer going to be their desired length due to dwindling funds and an urge to splurge and to see the rest of the world. We both made the executive decision to cut out northern Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam (thanks to our horrible timing of stupid Vietnam not letting us into the country till the end of March!) We know, this is all sad, but we'll just have to come back, and you will all have to part with our beautiful faces again in the future!

So now that we cut out just over three weeks of our trip, we said, "hey! we deserve a reward!" (enter our urge to splurge!) We found a resort on Lamai that had the craziest infinity pool EVER! As there was three pools in total (one of which had in-water loungers with jets on them ...yes, we live a terrible life). We had a nice little bungalow with a fridge, Air Con, cable TV. and a shower made for midgets. Seriously, we had to squat to try and wash our hair! The first day we just enjoyed our beautiful pool that overlooked the lovely ocean and worked on our tans. The next day, we dedided we should change things up and do the same thing as yesterday, but have a beer. Please note, it had been 29 days since we had an alcoholic beverage (mom's we know you're proud of us, dad's we know we're huge disappointments to you..) That first beer went down a tad too well for our liking. We decided to indulge ina few more and go check out some foxy boxing down the street! Yes , lady thai boxing! The boxing ring was outside and surrounded by about 15 small bars. Each bar was well equipped with their own stripper pole and a few very talented dancers? The first few rounds o boxing were younger guys and not too interesting, but the chicks were about twice the size of the guys and we're seriously kicking the crap out of eachother! The best was the David vs. Goliath fight! They stuck this small girl against a gigantic monster of a girl! The crowd went nuts when the tiny one got some good shots in! But the other girl could eat her for a snack, so the huge one sadly won. The excitement of the night was when the grown up men finally got in the ring. In the first minute, one dude roundhouse kicked the other dude in the face! Very unexpected. Caroline managed to get this same guy on video K.O'ing the other guy, and drop kicking him in the face on the way down. Thoroughly enjoyable! Also enjoyable was our bar server/dancer who took a nice liking to our caroline! So much so that she was blocking any guy that tried to talk to her! Yes, the was full on cockblocking (she was not a lady boy..thank god). After some pictures with Caroline's new girlfriend, we went home for the night.

Our last day in Samui, was again spent by the pool. This is where we met a lovely english couple. The guy owned a pub, and his wife an ice cream truck. Match made in heaven for Kaitie and Caroline! We sat by the pool shooting the shit all day, and met up later for happy hour on the beach at The Chillin Bar. That afternoon we ventured to a local market and tried out some traditional thai food from food stalls. Delishh! They really love their deep fried food over here! We did not complain. After that, we decided to invest in movies as our new friends recommended a good place. Ten movies were added to our collection, including Avatar, Sherlock Holmes, The Young Victoria, Harry Potter 6, Zombieland, New Moon, (500) Days of Summer, The Lovely Bones (weiiiird), Nine (crapppp), and Brothers (WTF!).

After such an eventful day, we though it necissary to crack a beer before happy hour. *Mom's stop reading here, you have been warned!*. We made our way to the beach bar, met up with our new friends, and ordered a beer. Soon after came the strongest Sex on the Beach drinks in human history. They were delishhhh! And then, since happy hour was soon to be over, and we wanted to save our few cents, we ordered another beer! Remember, we have not drank in over a month! We could have stopped at our first beer in our bungalow, but we figured, when in Rome! When our friends realized they had not eaten dinner (neither had we) we all made our way to the night market to grab some noodles! And another two beer to wash them down. Super cool couple who we plan to meet up with once we finally make it to England!

Although still decently early, our new friends turned in as they started their party earlier than us. We decided we did not want to go home yet. Bad idea. We made our way over to the bar from the previous night, yes, the one with Caroline's girlfriend! *Dad's stop reading here, you have been warned!* Wit no intention to drink any more, the night progressed from playing jenga thai-style, to connect four, and some crazy jackpot game. Although a few more drinks were had, including a few more beers and random whiskey shots. Bfore we knew it, Caroline's girlfriend was teaching us (or attempting to) the art of getting up a stripper pole. Don't worry parents, as we know you're still reading, we have no future career in this field, just hilarious memories and pictures for blackmailing eachother. That crap is hard! We basically just fell down trying to climb it. Katie didn't understand the concept of jumping and using her arm muscles. Seriously, no upper body strength. Made it half an inch of the ground. At the end of our night, Caroline's girlfriend leaned over to Kaitie to whisper sweet nothings into her ear, and said she wanted to "go home and go boom boom" with us. This meant it was time for us to re-engage our ditching techniques! Time to call it a night! At some point in the night, Caroline also recieved a rose from some random guy, then ran away. Yes, it was quite the hilarious night!

Not so hilarious, the next morning. We awoke with the worst hangovers imaginable at 9am (we made it to bed around 4am) and had to pack our bags up, because yes, we had already booked our ferry trip to Koh Phangan. Kill us now. With every bump, twist, and turn we had serious puking evacuation routes planned out! Luckily, we made it to Koh Phangan with vomit-free laps, and passed out in our new digs for the rest of the day. Movie investment came in handy here!

*Please note, Thailand beer is 7% and we recently learned inconsistent, and can sometimes be as high as 10%. Ouch.

PS - NEW WORST TRIP EVERRRR!

Comments

1

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  MOM Mar 4, 2010 2:25 AM

2

oops. sorry mom. but to be fair you were warned to stop reading!

  kaitieandcaroline Mar 5, 2010 1:42 AM

3

ok I can believe chasing sharks, stripper poles? lady boys? etc..but no drinks in 29 days....not in the budget? sounds like you are having a blast..your adventures make me laugh so much...especially the boom boom lady! OMG..wish I was there to share the experiences..xo

  pam Mar 9, 2010 9:51 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.