Existing Member?

Kaitie & Caroline's Epic Journey of Super Awesomeness!

Phuket in a Nutshell (Crazy Tiny Buses!)

THAILAND | Monday, 18 January 2010 | Views [326]

So we took our flight from Hong Kong to Phuket after watching Avatar 4D at the airport (yes, 4D..they had bubbles and wind machines and smoke..and flung water at you!). It was a great way to kill some of the 7 hours at the airport we had to wait for our flight! The flight was a tad bit bumpy for Kaitie's liking, luckily it rocked Caroline to sleep so she didn't have to deal with Kaitie's death grips on the seat. We landed and were hoarded into a sketchy looking mini bus complete with a neon blue flashing strobe light? while it blared coldplay and ricky martin songs, not sung by coldplay or ricky martin. We finally made it to our hostel in Phuket Town around 1am, and lucked out...the place was awesome! It was quite a drive away from the beach but we could hop on a bus right outside, and only cost about a dollar. We went ot Patong Beach..not too nice, wayy to touristy on our first day there. That night we met a bunch of really cool people at our hostel from London and Finland and made plans to go to a further, more secluded beach the next day all together. That beach was pretty awesome. We all went out for a neat dinner that night at this crazy treehouse place, where we decided to order things we thought looked interesting, but turned out wayyyy to spicy to eat! OH well. We tried. All in all, Phuket was fun, met some cool people, but were ready to move onwards to Koh Phi Phi!

PS - Culture shock finally hit in Thailand, Especially when Kaitie needed to use the washroom in our room and found a lizard staring at her. She ran fast. Good thing she doesn't have a nervous bladder!

Stay tuned for Phi Phi adventures!

xoxo!

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.