Existing Member?

How to Get as Far Away From High School as Possible Backpacking for 10 months through parts of Asia and Europe

Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 11 February 2009 | Views [763] | Comments [3]

Very very quick message. Thanks to those who commented, the Stefs and miya, I am sorry if anyone sends me message/email and i dont reply/have vague reply, internet is slow and sometimes expensive.  I have been in the highlands here for 3 days, who should I see after the long bus-ride, walking to hostel, but hannah hahah, sitting down to eat. very funny. been to tea plantations and straweberry farms and today hired motorbike and rode to top of a huge mountain, burnt leg on exhaust but ok. my right leg is fucked, bruised to shit after falling off a bus with 73 kilos on top of it, now the burn today. Have been travelling with Austrian friend Klaus, and tomorrow we are going to Taman Negara, rainforest which is over 130 million years old, to stay in Hides which are in the mid of the forest and have shit all but a squat toilet, and salt licks outside to watch animals at night. I am loving Malaysia, the people are lovely and they can tell I speak Indo and not Malay but can still understand. I won't be in contact for a week or two because of thbe internet at Taman Negara, very expensive. Just bought watercolour pencils and stuff, am missing drawing and I have been gone a week hahah. Also missing piano, yet I bvarely play at home? Klaus has gone missing so I will keep typing til he gets back. Hannah if you read this can I please have address. PS i will probs take jungle train to pulau perhentian and then over to penang, then up overland through Thailand. I like buses a lot, and trains. Thanks again for nice messages. Guess what parents I eat cooked vegies now, at least i am gettting better from all the Indian and Malay food, all I eat now, fuck western food so oily!! Shit okay he is sitting outside I am an idioot. Dont stress please if you don't haer from me for a while. Sent tanma and fam letters today, should arrive sometime. Love much. Justine.

Comments

1

Mum is going to kill you cos you are eating cooked vegies!!!18 years of seperate dinners hehehehehehe love you, stay safe and enjoy vegies! m xxx

  miya carey Feb 11, 2009 9:42 AM

2

Yo juz!Sounds like your having a blast. Can't wait to see the photos and omg are you doing drawings and stuff of the places you see? It will be so coolto be able to look at them all afterwards :D
And shit juz be careful! stop injuring yourself lol.
Also i am planning on writing you a letter so put up or email round an address or some place you know you will be so i can send it :D
xxxxx

  Kay Feb 11, 2009 7:54 PM

3

hey kiddo found your blog and realised why i ahvent heard from you for a while- sounds like such an adventure!!! well done. feel like a proud mum for some reason. cant wait to catch up! xxoo.

  molly Feb 18, 2009 3:44 AM

About justineillana


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.