Existing Member?

Retirement travelling Grey Nomad Adventures

MEXICO CITY

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 30 March 2014 | Views [338] | Comments [2]

We are here!!!. Our 4th day and we are getting into the swing. We are in the Centro Historico part of the city. We have been to the Bosque de Chapultepec - a big park. They have a free zoo there and we saw wallabies. We successfully negotiated the metro to get there. Maths came in handy to count the number of stops we had to go and we even changed lines - followed the masses. It only cost $1 to get there and $1 back. Gary had a Corona beer at the hoistel last night - $2. Yesteday we went to Teotihuacan - famous mayan ruins outside the city.We climbed the Temple of the Moon - approx 100 steps and the Temple of the Sun - approx 250steps up and various other smaller ones. We were puffed at the top but put it down to altitude. It is hot and dry here - no sweat.  I cannot find any black tea and will have to keep on looking. I'll have to switch to coffee probably. The food is very different of course so we are getting used to that. This weekend we will looking more around the city and on Monday we will catching a bus to the  next town - Puebla. Another adventure in itself. We luckly the hostel receptionists can understand english as we still have to vastly improve our spanish. Very basics being said at the moment. I have already lost my glasses case but luckily I left in the hostel foyer so when we can came from the day out I could reclaim it - very happy about that, but as I had  my prescription glasses I would not have been too upset. Hope everyone at home is good despite the rain.Will try to add photos later.

Comments

1

Well done getting the blog up and running! Things seem so cheep that you will be able to stay 12 months instead of 10! I'm sure there will be some tea somewhere!! All is well here just spent 4 days down by the beach with some girlfriends and we has the most glorious weather..28 to 31 everyday. Quite warm for our autumn! Came home and Keith sick with flu like symptoms...I told him to get the flu shot NOW. Max has been to his first Alumni night and nearly all the kids were there.. they had a great night. Dan's second studio is up and running and he is working 12 hour days again. Hayley is busy cos its the last week of term and she has lots to fit in. And Carl is still on foot for another month.
Enjoy you adventure!

  Trudi Dicker Mar 31, 2014 10:48 PM

2

Glad your getting into the swing of things. All OK here. Have fun.

  marina smith Apr 1, 2014 7:32 PM

About jugap


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.