Existing Member?

Eurpoean South African Adventure

more on the tdf

FRANCE | Monday, 16 July 2007 | Views [573]

We have now visited two of the stages and the sun has been fierce - all the ozzies suffering from the unaccustomed extended exposure to the sun whilst our hardy hosts comfortably position themselves in the full glare of the sun and pose for erst while reporters as we await the caravan to come through and throw out all sorts of useful trinkets - well trinkets anyway - perhaps I can bring them home for next years trivia night.  You really haven't lived if you have not claimed a large green hand from one of floats, to wack the on coming cyclists on the bum - well suited to me as you can imagine!! 

We have been doing one of the climbs that the tour riders will be doing each day at breath taking speed - as I am sure you can imagine!!  Today was Joe's turn to accompany up to the top of the col de Colombier. Poor old Joe arrived via every possible plane diversion and arrived with absolutely no luggage whatsoever and no bike - courtesy of British Airways!! But no he was not riding naked. 

Well photos to follow!! A day of gentle hill climbing today with no tour commitments!!

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.