Existing Member?

Eurpoean South African Adventure

Au revoir France

FRANCE | Saturday, 21 July 2007 | Views [1021] | Comments [2]

The final climb in the TdF Alps stages over we decided to do a bit of our own climbing as you can see from the photos.  Whilst usually I would not feature in my own photos on this occassion I felt I needed proof as the climb up Madelene was a beaut - 400m to 2000m in  26 km and still breathing on the way up!!  The descent was interesting - glad it wasn't wet as there are no guard rails to deter skill-less cyclists like moi descending to their doom - and in fact on the way up I delicately crossed the mid line into the path of an oncoming vehicle and came within inches of the edges - those french cars are way too quiet??

It was tres sad to leave the Alps and the great team.  Thoroughly recommend these guys - Alpcycles.com for cycling in the Alps.  SO long as you can come to terms with a voracious hill climber, a woman who cooks like an angel whilst never sleeping and drinking all the men under the table; and a man who sneaks home with his cross dressing dog each night (yes we all would if only we could!!)

So back for a brief sojourn in London (4 hours plus 2 on the tarmac - but still have luggage - quite a bonus I understand when emerging from Heathrow)- and surprise, surprise - it rained!! I was entertained all night by a French man who educated me on his MBA whilst explianing the finer points of champagne and French vs British deserts (not sure that was worth a nights sleep).  Then touched down in Cape Town to yes... more rain...

Well...I think that tommorrow will be penguines and cape of good hope...

Cheers for now

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

Good hope to you young penguine...
The trip sounds great - keep up the blogging, and maybe include yourself in a few more of the photos - doesn't have to be all of them like someone else we know ;-)

Chris

  Chris Jul 23, 2007 1:57 PM

2

cross dressing dog? my arse!

  tilly Aug 7, 2007 5:32 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.