Existing Member?

Eurpoean South African Adventure

The French Alps

FRANCE | Friday, 13 July 2007 | Views [429]

Here in God's own country - second only to Canberra (of course).  The weather has turned beautiful and you need to check out the photos in my photo gallery to understand quite how breath taking this place is - even if it is full of poms!!  Any attempts to speak French are quickly thwared as everyone speaks English.

Our bikes arrived on my first evening - the van in the picture has already parted company with 14 of the bikes - Igor and John arrived from Italy to deliver the bikes and were great company for the first evening before they departed for Spain avec the rest of the bikes. The next day- I mounted my trusty Cannondale with triple - what a delight - Ade and Dave - who are Alp tours.com - (along with the long suffering Shelly) took me for a beautiful ride up some gentle inclines to Courchevel - they have been rather merciful - despites Dave's reputation as a down hill MTBer - having made an attempt on his own life hurling himself 40ft down a precipice just before my arrival. So along with Tilley the terrier- who has a remarkable resemblance to her owner, we have been a very happy little family - I have rather enjoyed the synergy - they work and I play !!  Seems to work for me.

Well the rest of the guests arrive today and we head off to stage 7 for TdF tommorrow...

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.