Existing Member?

Jubaloos Adventures Hello and welcome to my travelling journal. I have set it up so that everyone can see what I am getting up to without me fretting that I have left someone out.Dont forget to let me know how your doing!

Moving

SOUTH KOREA | Tuesday, 22 January 2008 | Views [1249]

View from my flat Balcony.

View from my flat Balcony.

Hey everyone.Its quite cold here today, has been snowing since very early this morning it makes things look so much prettier in the city area. Well Its been a mad weekend. I had a busy week at work so I went out on Friday with some friends to Now bar in Yonton. I finished work at around 8.20 got to the bar at around half 10. We stayed in the bar until 7am and got home around 8. I crashed out in bed and the next thing I knew was the removal men came into my room ready to move us out. So I had to jump out of bed squish everythin I owned into my 2 suitcases. I had to sit on them to make everything fit bugger anything that was breakable. So after 2 hours sleep I had to move flats. As well as the little sleep I had, Martins Sister the Director of the Company brought her daughter along who was 4 years old. Such a cute sweet little kid but I was left to entertain her whilst feel like Id been trampled on. TO say the least I spent most of the day singing head shoulders knees and toes, making silly noises, and pretending to shoot each other and falling down dead. Anyway once I was moved in to my beautiful apartment I crashed out an slept for the rest of the evening an had a lazy Sunday unpacking and sorting my spangly new room. I love it. (pictures are in gallery).  

Went to a Kolbi Beef place last night with Martin and his friend from when he trained for the police force. Was really nice, its like an indoor bbq. THeres a separate bbq set on each table and the staff bring over bibibap, gimchi and various beef and pork which you can cook as rare or as well done as you want and the bbq’d taste is just yummy. They wouldn’t be allowed to have resteraunts like these in England or America  because people could claim lawsuits against burning themselves etc.

 

Also something that’s really different over here is that the buildings have big numbers on the side of the apartment buildings so that you can spot them quite a way off. Korea doesnt really have road names round here jus number references for apartment buildings and area names like Dongtan (where I live) or Yonton, Incheon which are Suburbs of Suwon etc.

Also the drivers round here are absolutely mental. A red light doesn’t really mean much to Korean people so you have to be extra careful when crossing the road. I was close to bein knocked over in the first couple of days here because of cars careering round the corner when the green man is on and no other cars are moving. The drivers over here don’t get road rage but they use their horns an awful lot to warn other drivers that they are coming or they want to go first if there is a junction situation. Nightmare. I would hate to drive over here, wouldn’t know what I was doing, and I definitely wear seabelts at all times in a vehichle.Right it about midnight here and only about 3pm in the uk so im gonna try get sum sleep. Night Night. Speak soon.

Tags: Packing & gadgets

 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.