Existing Member?

Summer Adventure

June 11

KENYA | Thursday, 12 June 2014 | Views [485] | Comments [4]

I'm starting to catch a cold because the weather changes so much here. It's really cold in the morning and at night and it's really hot during the day. Today, Tuesday, I've been feeling really weak so I'm hoping that I'll get better by the end of the week. I went into school an hour late so I could rest more and that helped a little. I'm going on a tour Thursday so I'm trying to save up as much energy for that as possible. I can't believe I leave in two weeks.

We have a night school that teaches the Maasai men who were not able to attend school as children. I volunteered last night to help tutor and it was so great! The ages of men there last night ranged from 20-25 I believe. There were a lot who showed up so I wasn't able to learn about everyone. I helped one guy named Joseph with English 5 and Math 5. He did really good and was able to keep with the pace I set for him.

I just made it to Nairobi and it feels so surreal to be back in civilization! I saw myself in a mirror for the first time in 2 weeks and I'll just say I look really different... I'm so dark! I get to take a shower tonight and use electricity. I'm SO excited!!!!! This will probably be my last journal until I get to South Africa June 25. I love you guys and I hope everyone is doing great!!!

Comments

1

Please don't get sick....hopefully it is just the weather and nothing else...if you begin to have a fever, please see a doctor and get on some antibiotics to kill any infection. Use your sanitizers... Take care and Love Ya....God Bless!

  Twanna Jun 12, 2014 4:07 AM

2

Hi ladybug, we really miss you. There will be many changing here when you get back. Esmia have not been here in two week, so nelly drop her from the school. But I hope you are having fun there. We will be here when you get home. I love and miss you. Sharon

  joyt_brown@yahoo.com Jun 12, 2014 4:53 AM

3

I had a fever but it's gone now. I had a cold and I realized I was dehydrated.

I'm so sad Mia is gone!!!!! :(( I was just looking at pictures of her yesterday saying how much I missed her :(

  Joy Jun 12, 2014 2:28 PM

4

I love reading all your blogs LIL! Please stay safe and healthy! Get as much medicine and plenty of rest as you can..Glad to know you are loving and enjoying all of your experiences of your trip! Can't wait to hear from you soon :)

  Joy Gargis Jun 15, 2014 1:50 AM

About joytranae


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.