Existing Member?

The world and beyond - reflections of a dharma nomad

Greetings from damp England

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 20 August 2007 | Views [406]

all the gang - photos courtesy of Tom(big bro)

all the gang - photos courtesy of Tom(big bro)

Here it is typical English summer - cold damp and foggy for a week and then blazing hot and glorious for a day!! Being in ancient Cambridge with my parents was SO VERY different from life on the wild mountain in hot Colorado. Wood pigeons cooing and chilly English sunshine We went for gorgeous green walks along the wide slowflowing river banks, through meadows and leafy bowers to quaint pubs where they serve good food and beer for lunch. And we went to the Shakespeare festival, set in the Cambridge College gardens - such havens of bliss! Deeply enjoyed Midsummer Night's dream with all its magic; and then was equally entranced by dark Macbeth. Spent ten days in Kent with my family (see photos in Family album) and managed to go for a swim and walk across green English fields, lanes very muddy, for a pub lunch with my family on the hot day. Otherwise watched movies, played monopoly and kept my nieces entertained - I was being Auntie Jo/babysitter which was lovely. Now I am heading to Scotland to see old friends and have a short retreat at the big Tibetan monastery in the Borders. Then heading to France to work at the Shambhala Centre there for a month before India....

Tags: Family

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.