Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 93. USA USA USA

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 27 January 2017 | Views [327]

I slept in late, had coffee and then we went off to the store. We came back and made a bunch of food including cupcakes. I miss baking in a real kitchen so I had fun making and frosting them even though it was from a box. We also made shepherds pie and a veggie salad. Everyone was just hanging out eating and beginning to drink. We set up the dining room table for beer pong. Otto and Nick are from Britain and have been keen on playing us from America. Cassela and Michealla squared up against them and lost slightly miserably. Then a few more teams played, a South American team and other European teams. It was cool to have national rivalries like that in the house. Matt, a guy from Maine, and I played against Anise, Otto's girlfriend from France and another guy. Matt and I won pretty easily and I made a good number of cups. I'm glad I was on my game tonight.

We figured there could be a Britain and US rematch so Matt and I played Otto and Nick to hopefully regain our American pride. We became US Team A. They scored a few times but we kept up and it was quite an even game. Matt and I stayed consistent and eventually pulled ahead. We only had two more cups to hit, Matt sank one in and on my turn I got the other. (They don't do redemption, so it was game over). We won!! Ahh victory over the Europeans and to put them in their place a little bit felt so good. Everyone was having a great time, playing games and drinking. Matt and I played a few more games (I think) and I played a game with Melody once she returned from work. By now, I had mixed a lot of wine and beer and went upstairs (to the designated campers room that has a not so good mattress, a small bathroom and shower, and places to put backpacks and clothes) to let some of it out of my system. And I stayed there until the next morning.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.