Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 91. Cassela's Feeling 22

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 25 January 2017 | Views [349]

I woke up at 7:40am, awhile after Michealla did and we got things ready for Cassela's birthday while she was still sleeping. Michealla baked the cake while I blew up balloons and fluffed out big pom pom balls. We decorated the outdoor lounging area with crate paper and the balloons then got French toast and mimosas together. We woke her up at 8:30 while playing Taylor Swift's song, 22, and tackling her in bed. Then we told her to get up and follow us. We walked through the house, outside and up to the covered lounge area. She was really surprised by all the decorations and the food laid out she started crying. It reminded me of when a surprise party was thrown for me.

We sat down and had mimosas and French toast. She opened her gift then we told her to get ready for the day and to wear comfortable clothes. We didn't tell her but we planned to drive us to Marahau and go kayaking. She'd been wanting to do it and we haven't gotten a chance yet. We got in the car and drove an hour there. Once we got to the kayak place, she could tell from the sign what we were about to do. Michealla and I went inside to book and pay, but sadly they told us the winds were too strong for anyone to go out. We were bummed and walked back to the car to tell Cassela. We weren't sure what else to do in the area so we just went to a cafe for coffee.

On our way back towards Nelson, we stopped at two wineries. The first was small but overlooked the ocean and the second had mostly red wines. Back in Nelson, we hung out at the hostel, had cake then went down to the river with everyone and laid in the sun. I hung out with Pria, a girl from England and Emily from Germany. Back at Otto's, we got ready for dinner, we also didn't tell her where we were going or what we were doing. All dressed up, we drove to Styx, the same seafood place we went to a few weeks ago and where Cassela really liked their chowder. We drank while waiting what seemed like forever for our food.

At the hostel, we changed out of our dresses and hung out with everyone. We played drinking games until late, which was so much fun then went to bed.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.