Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 83. Best Burgers & Cheap Bombs

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 17 January 2017 | Views [327]

In the morning, we went to Puzzling World. It had cool illusion rooms and a big outdoor maze. The illusion rooms were probably my favorite and we kind of gave up on the maze after awhile. After, we went to the beautiful Rippon Winery that overlooked the lake. We did a tasting with a large group and enjoyed the views from the property. The others didn't feel like hiking to Roy's Peak on a perfectly sunny day so we moved on to Queenstown. Once we were there, I had them drop me off at a trail head and I hiked Bob's Cove. It was a pleasant hike that followed Lake Wakatipu and then eventually climbed up above the lake. Back near the beginning, I took another short trail around the other side of the lake. It lead to an old mortar kiln that was massive and so cool.

Cassela picked me up and we headed back into town. We found a holiday park, changed, and drove down to the city center. We were hungry so we got in the long line for Fergburger. This burger joint was rated best burger restaurant a few years ago and is still reaping the benefits from its popularity. No matter what time of day it is, you can walk/drive by this place and there are lines out the door and half way down the block. The wait in line for us was about 30 minutes and about 30 minutes for the order. We walked around town a bit while we waited and it was raining so we ate back in the car. I ordered a beef burger with bacon and pineapple while they got a chicken burger. Both were so delicious and big and mine was so good I finished it.

We looked up popular bars in town and we went to Cowboys first. It was decorated in western stuff and had saddles as bar stools and of course played country music. We ordered a few drinks (which were pretty weak) and hung out for awhile. Then we went to another one close by called Searle Lane. Jäger bombs were $4 a piece up until 10pm so we got a few of those. Next to us, a group of people were playing jumbo jenga, regular jenga but the blocks were much bigger. We played with them for awhile which was a lot of fun. I met a girl from Tasmania, which was a first. We ended up chatting with a group of police officers who were from California. After a bit we went over to a bar called Winnie's where we hung out on the covered balcony. Then we walked to a pool bar and played a few rounds of pool. After a bit, we went back to our camp.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.