Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 44. This Time, We Walked Abel Tasman

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 9 December 2016 | Views [169]

We woke up and made breakfast. Today, we either had the choice to drive over an hour to the finishing point of the Abel Tasman track and walk along the beaches or to walk the track near beaches where we had already kayaked, which was much closer by. We reasoned that the second choice was the best option. We drove to Marahau and set out on the trail. It went along a few boardwalks before entering into the trees. After a bit, we took a small path that lead to a beach. There were a few neat caves as well as a cool rock structure on the shore. A little tree grew on top of it and Ryan decided to climb on the rock. We took pictures and hung out before continuing on the trail.

The trail went up and down and remained close to the water so that we almost always had a view of the beautiful ocean. We came to another beach where the sun was warm and other visitors were hanging out. Ryan finally got to enjoy a dip in the ocean, we threw the frisbee and ate our snacks. It was a fun time at the beach.

We tramped back to the car and headed for Picton. We booked a spot at the same holiday park we stayed at a week prior. Once again, we prepared our backpacks and cleaned out the car before going to bed.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.