Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 42. A Low Key Day

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 7 December 2016 | Views [134]

We made breakfast and left the park. It was raining and blowing so our options for enjoyable outdoor activities were limited. We drove all the way north to the start of the Farewell Spit. It was ghastly and I wasn't up for the walk but we went for a little ways. We found some neat shells but mostly just got wet and sandy. We drove to another beach where Ryan got out and walked.

We drove to the Te Waikoropupu Springs in Takaka even though it wouldn't be as pretty if it were a nice day. We walked the trail to it and admired the springs even though they were distorted from the rainfall but we could see some bright blue areas deep down in the water. We headed into the small town and enjoyed Wifi near a Spark hotspot. We found a restaurant that was still open called The Dangerous Kitchen. We were happy with pizza, beer, and dessert in our bellies. We drove a little bit east and found a holiday park in Pohara. We didn't feel up to pitching our tent in the rain so we camped out in the car.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.