Existing Member?

Searching for Calm Waters

The dumps on a Tropical Island

TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS | Saturday, 9 February 2008 | Views [782]

I am in the midst of taking a break. Work has been a little hectic and customers demanding and my patience has thinned to invisible so today is day 2 of 5.

You find me sat on my decking on a very sunny day, I'm facing the ocean and it's the blue you see in magazines, the shallow waters are an extreme turquoise, blending outwards to a deep blue as it reaches the reef, a gentle but rather firm breeze from the east is making my laundry billow in that wonderful way that only laundry can, Jimmy Buffett was playing from the little ipod speakers and now i've changed it to Suzanne Vega.  The potcakes are sleeping in the shade just to my right.

So how, in this glorious environment, can you feel down in the dumps?

Well you can, and it's not something you can talk to people about as they think you're nuts, how can you get a sympathetic ear when you live work and breath the sea and sun every day?

Sometimes you just need to get away from it, time to reflect and chill and have no-one demand anything of you.

I'm not usually one for spa type pampering but yesterday that's exactly what I did.  I went to the spa and got saunad, scrubbed and massaged, I then got coated in mud, wrapped in clingfilm and towels and left in a darkened room where I lay there and grinned for half an hour.  My lovely lovely 'therapist' did not speak, did not attempt to sell me stuff and basically left me the hell alone.  It was a good experience and much needed.

So, doesn't matter where you are, life comes with you.

Josie xxx

Tags: Philosophy of travel

About josie

This is me, taken by Danny x

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turks & Caicos Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.