Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

Do's and Dont's of Australia

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 13 August 2011 | Views [613]

Do touch the animals:

The native fauna of Australia is the most bizarre in the world. Egg laying milk feeding poisonous warm blooded marsupials, yep we got them. If you want to see a kangaroo, then do you want to see a little fella tamely eating out of your hand at the local petting zoo, or how about a majestic Western Red bounding across the outback? Just what is it you want to see? Heck go hunt one down on a roo shooting adventure if you want. The cafe culture is excellent in many of our metropolitan centres, but honestly you didn't make it all the way here to sip a latte now did you?

Do find a small piece of it:


Being a wonderfully spacious country you really should be able to find a patch of ground just right for you. Don't try and conquer the whole place, it can't be done in a lifetime, little lone in a few weeks. Pick a piece of it and call it yours.

Don't believe everything we say:

Australians, we love to exaggerate. Every single one of us. We'll tell you just how unlikely it is to walk around the back garden without encountering the most deadly reptile on the planet. Then there's the sheer size of the place. Its bigger than Ben Hur it is. 17 hour flight from Perth to Sydney. Mate you better not leave the airport, you'll never be seen again. Crocodile Dundee was fictitious you know.

Tags: #blogyourbackyard

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.