Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

Penticton, Okanagan

CANADA | Tuesday, 18 August 2009 | Views [482]

So after having a week of temps around 34 in vancouver. (which coming from brisbane) was not that bad, but our room which faces the afternoon sun with its two big windows but only two little ones that open. All in all our room was a glass house.


So we had a long weekend to do something so decided to go to Penticton. 400km east of Vancouver. Only booked the accommodation on the thursday night, so was luckly to get into the local Hostel.

go up early on the sat morning to avoid to crowded roads and headed off.  We took the scienic route. took about 5 hours.  couldnt check into the hostel till 5pm.  so we parked by the lake and had a picnic lunch then went swimming.  Penticton has two lakes one at the north and one at the south. between them is a cannal. 

So we hired some tubes and with Vodka and lemondae in hand we set off down the cannal.  It was slow and relaxing, until i look over and Josh had gone all australian and had pretty much drunk all the vodka - because it was going to get hot!


was a fun couple of hours and then a bus ride back to the village.  had another swim then went and checked in.  Just went out for dinner at one of the resturants that night. was tired after all the swimming.

the next day we hired bikes and went for a bike ride up around the lake. It is huge wine country so we stoped at about 6 wineiers before biking down to a spot beside the lake having lunch and a swim before biking back to town.  Was a perfect day and had so much fun, the wineries were all really nice. we drove back later in the day and purchased a couple of bottles from a winery called red rooster.

On the monday we drove up to Kelowna and had a look round, we didnt like it as much as penticton but was nice  to have a look round. 

Lots of bush fires in the area and on the drive home it was very smokey though so didnt get to see the mountian scienicary.


all in all was a great weekend away.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.