Existing Member?

Jos on the road Turn up my collar, welcome the unknown...

Czech Republic -- Part 2

CZECH REPUBLIC | Friday, 6 July 2007 | Views [452] | Comments [1]

Man, this all seems so long ago now. Good job I'm keeping a regular diary else I wouldn't have a clue. I never realised you could fit so much into one day! If nothing else, travelling certainly bumps you out of your comfortable routine. People may or may not be amused to know that I'm getting up early with no problems and my general timekeeping is better than it's been for years.

Anyway, on with the tale. See, I was going to write a bit about how great the trains are, how they're so clean and reliable. Even buying tickets isn't too much hassle with my trusty phrasebook -- the most useful leaving present *ever*. However, I got on the train that said it was going on towards Harrochov (well, the station I needed to change at), it turned up at the time I was expecting so I got on. I didn't check with the inspector when I got on, but he came round and stamped my ticket so I figured all was well. Until I realised that all the scenery was looking a tad familiar. We were heading back to Prague, which is exactly the wrong direction. I figured I'd best stay on, as I'd have no chance of figuring out all the connections from the little stations out in the sticks. In Prague I discovered it's a good job I didn't as, because it was late afternoon and I'd have to wait around between trains, I would've ended up stranded out on some obscure station for the night. Instead, I was back in Prague and the world was my oyster.

Earlier that day I'd thought it was a shame that I hadn't given myself longer in Prague as it was such a nice city. Be careful what you wish for, eh? It took surprisingly little effort to book into a new hostel (Chilli Hostel) for the night while I reconsidered my plans...

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

Ahh the wonder of trains... and it should be a bit easier there to get up early you're an hour ahead of us, may not be much but i'm sure it helps ;)

  Dave Jul 6, 2007 5:18 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.