Existing Member?

Senoritas and Magaritas Estoy Boracho, Asi!

Heading North

CHILE | Thursday, 19 July 2007 | Views [602]

After a week in and around Santiago it is time to start moving on up the coast, tommorrow we head for La Serena about 7 hours north of here and we couldn´t be more excited. Everyone talks about the smog in Santiago but with the exception of one day I haven´t even noticed it. The thing that has made the biggest impression on me is all the stray dogs and cats in the streets, literally hundreds in every suburb but they all look healthy and there seems to be plenty of people willing to through them some food. Street vendors are also prominent selling everything you can think of, we even found one guy selling The Pill! The 2 days we spent in Valparaiso were a highlight and Nadia never wanted to leave. You would have loved the markets Mum, tubs of olives and all sorts of deli treats. I´d advise washing them first though. Anyway we will keep you posted.

Jonno and Nadia.

A traditional meal, fried chips, fried beef, fried eggs and fried onions!

A traditional meal, fried chips, fried beef, fried eggs and fried onions!

Tags: On the Road

About jonno-nadia

Only days until we leave now, for some reason I look scared and Nadia looks excited!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.