Existing Member?

Travel through the lens

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 2 August 2010 | Views [793] | Scholarship Entry

What inspired my subject matter was the ladder that is placed on a ledge above the main entrance to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, Israel. I did not know about it before I went there. It looked weird to me when I saw it. So immediately I asked my group leader about it. He gave me a brief description but my curiosity was beyond that. When I was back in Malta, I looked for as many information I could find about it online. I found out that it has been there for a very long time and that it cannot yet be moved because of the Status Quo. Great controversies surround this simple wooden ladder! It seems destined to be there forever! In my documentary I wanted to show the contrast between all that goes on in Jerusalem with this stationary ladder that cannot be moved. The challenge was to choose which story about the ladder to trust but the Status Quo is surely right. My ambition as a documentary maker is that I show what others do not see and to give voice to what is silent.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About joni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.