Existing Member?

There and Back Again

Mollymook wedding and Newtown Fun

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 8 January 2017 | Views [537]

In March, 2016 we flew off to Mollymook for Briony and Mike's wedding. It was a chance also to eat at Rick Stein's seafood restaurant, Bannisters. While pregnant Ange had to forgo the shellfish the rest of us enjoyed oysters, prawns and fish. 

The wedding was held on the lawns in front of Bannisters and overlooking the ocean. All beautiful and fun. The reception was at Cuppits Winery, good food and more fun.

Swimming at Narrewallee was great and a pop up coffee van had excellent coffee.

Then off to Newtown staying at the fabulous Tara Guesthouse. Beautiful decor and an extensive breakfast prepared by owners Brom and Julian and shared with other guests. 

Enmore Road and King Street are there to explore for hours - all types of shops, craft beer, book shops, especially the famous Goulds, restaurants, gelato. All enhanced by the fabulous street art.

Recommended are Osterio Russo for the best Italian food, Stambouli for Turkish, Young Henrys for the craft beer, Cow and Moon for gelato and Great Aunty 3 for home style Vietnamese. 

Tags: mollymook, newtown, tara guest house

About johnsteel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.