Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Update and charity info.

TURKEY | Friday, 2 January 2009 | Views [661] | Comments [1]

Ive been looking online at some Veteran Charities and I found one called "Homes for Our Troops."   This charities mission is to build homes and adapt them for soldiers who are severely wounded overseas and are permanently disabled.  They are non-profit and the sponsored veterans receive these services for free.  It is also listed as one of the best Veteran charities right now.  Ive started a fundraiser for the charity.  I will backpack overland starting in Dubai on the 9th of Jan. and travel through Oman and Yemen and take a ferry into Africa.  Then I will travel overland from Ethiopia down to Tanzania.  My end goal is to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.  It will be a couple months of backpacking before I reach my goal, so there is plenty of time for people to donate.  All donations go directly to the charity.  So dont worry, you wont be donating for beer money.  Heres the link to the fundraiser in case anyone is interested in donating.

http://www.homesforourtroops.org/goto/joealotto

Tags: africa, arabian gulf, charity, update

 

Comments

1

Wow! Keep us informed on your progress and thank you for raising money for our organization!

Thanks to supporters like you, we have been able to build 36 specially adapted homes for our severely injured troops in the past 4 years and we hope to increase the number of homes we build in 2009 and beyond. We are proud to be able to do our part to support our Veterans when they return home and need assistance.

Good luck in your travels. Please stay in touch with us!

Dawn Teixiera
Homes for Our Troops www.homesforourtroops.org

  Dawn Teixiera Jan 8, 2009 11:25 AM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.