Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Jericho, Palestine.

PALESTINE | Sunday, 9 November 2008 | Views [946] | Comments [1]

Not what I expected.  Well, after my Israeli border debacle anyway.  I was stuck on the border for five hours trying to get in.  I was the last guy let into Israel that day on the King Hussein Bridge crossing.  Even the Palistinians got in ahead of me.  I don't know what the problem was, I'm American.  I expected a private car to be waiting for me and some champagne to thank me for all the guns and jets.  Nope.  Just a hassle.  Oh well.  So far the people in Jericho have been the friendliest people I've met on my trip.  Surprising considering Jericho is smack dab in the middle of the West Bank.  People there went out of there way to show us around, even to the point of giving us a ride to the Mount of Temptation.  I will never deny my country but I was pretty worried about telling people I was American there.  Even after I did they still treated me like their guest. 

Tags: border debacle, israel, jericho, mount of temptation, palestine

 

Comments

1

Hey joe, whats new? How are people responding to our new president? Lots of interesting stuff being proposed at home here by the president elect. Take it easy.

  chris Nov 12, 2008 3:17 AM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Palestine

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.