Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Marrakech, Morocco

MOROCCO | Tuesday, 7 October 2008 | Views [643] | Comments [3]

Its been an interesting few days.  I stayed at a hostel called Riad Massine in Marrakech.  The original building dates back 1600 years.  It was beautiful, with an open air courtyard in the middle.  I spent two days enjoying the clamour of the souqs, or open air markets, then I went on a desert tour.  We drove through the Atlas mountains, stopping over at various gorges or Berber villages.  After a day and a half of driving we reached the dunes of the Sahara.  After that our tranportation was by camel.  We rode out into the desert, where we spent the night in a Berber village.  We stayed up half the night listening to the locals play music, we looked at the stars and drank wine and rolled down the huge dunes next to our tents.  Marrakech and the Sahara was an unforggetable experience.  Ive eaten goat head twice, and had a bowl of boiled snails.  I also know how to tie a turban.It was a great decision to come to Morocco.  Ill upload pics when I can, but a camera cant do much justice to the sights and smells and general sensory overload that you find here.

Tags: berber, camel, goathead dinner, marrakech, morocco

 

Comments

1

Damn Joe, looks like the trip of a lifetime. How is that USA #1 t shirt I got you working out? Life here is boring as usual. Its good to see your trip is working out for you. Take care and stay in touch.

  chris Oct 8, 2008 7:06 AM

2

You go Girl-friend. Are you building a mental portfolio so you can be the next Hemingway? Please take more photos!

  Uncle B Oct 9, 2008 3:10 PM

3

I love the pics. I wish i could travl the world like u but i do not have the guts to do it by myself. well keep haveing fun. I am going to dad's for helloween we have a week off at school. so that should be fun.

  Nicole Oct 10, 2008 9:05 PM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.