Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Chiang Mai is Food!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 28 October 2014 | Views [463]

I had a major food overload yesterday. And way too much chilli. 

 
Being around so much good food is inspiring. I'm already really motivated to cook well for myself when I return. Not just good Thai food but all the different types of cuisine and dishes that became favourites when I was travelling (and that made up most of my lifetime to-do list).
 
I attended for an unexpectedly private cooking class yesterday with SmartCook. It was a really fun and "educational" experience - Kim and Dream were so friendly and lovely as were everyone else in the background. We started off with a market tour in central Chiang Mai, viewing the different fresh produce followed by the different condiments and sauces that accompany many Thai dishes. At the school, I opted to make my favourite Thai noodles, Pad Thai, along with a local hot and sour soup, and some green curry - from scratch. I was amazed at my guided creations - how amazing they tasted and how quick it was to whip them up. We ended with a mango and sticky rice dessert, another one of my Thai favourites, which will feature on my table more often.
 
Ok time to go make some tom yum soup with my host mum. :)

Tags: chiang mai, cities, food, thailand

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.