Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

My 100th Story?

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 20 November 2013 | Views [487]

I can't believe this is my 100th story!

It's been nearly a month since I've been back in Malaysia after Nepal. Ever since I got here, I find people can't resist the urge to ask me, "Where's your next destination?" I found myself having trouble answering that question and I started to dislike being asked it constantly. Sure this is my year of travel, but it's also my year to do whatever I want to do. At this point, I'm quite content being with my parents and enjoying the comforts of home.

After Nepal, I was exhausted physically and mentally. I just needed the time to process my journey and reaccustom myself to being outside Nepal again. I needed time to rest completely.

Being back home has given me time to go through my thousands of photos for the last eight months, filtering the good from the bad. It's a tedious process but it rewards me with the special memories associated with each. I find myself reminiscing a lot - re-experiencing emotions I felt, revisiting the landscapes that had me in paused awe, savouring the good food (or drinks!) I had, remembering laughs and talks of good times with good friends, and remembering the serendipituous encounters with new ones too. 

I've also been steadily practising yoga since I've been back, something that I really missed while being on the road. It feels so good to be back and to finally move forward again with yoga. =) I laugh when I remember my silly plans to try and establish routine with yoga classes in Barcelona - totally the wrong place to do so! I've also been getting myself back into running with the couch25k program. I've been doing well with it despite the weather's daily attempts to try and thwart my progress.

It seems my next destination is really a state of being - fitness. But it doesn't mean the travel has to stop. It turns out I'll be off to Hong Kong and Macau at the end of this week for Dad's birthday trip. I forsee a LOT of good food and I'm excited! =)

 

PS. In regards to food, I've been back in the kitchen too! Another thing I've DEFINITELY missed considering that my facebook/instagram posts were all about food prior to travelling. =)

Tags: food, malaysia, reflections

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.