Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Kenya

KENYA | Sunday, 8 September 2013 | Views [555]

We're rolling in towards the end of our time in Kenya. We're at our last safari destination, Amboseli or the land of the mini dust tornados.
 
It's been fabulous visiting Kenya. The people are so wonderful and the lodging is a far cry from backpackers' budget choice. Coming to Kenya also let me catch up with some old friends, Brian and Ken, who visited me at Nakuru yesterday. Even though it was just for a drink, seeing them again after a long absence was great.
 
There's really nothing like seeing the wild savannah in front of you dotted with those classic African animals that everyone thinks of when visiting the zoo IN their natural habitat. We've seen countless zebras, giraffes, wildebeest, buffalos various types of gazelles, elephants, rhinos, crocs, birds and lions. It's like having National Geographic come to life. While chances of seeing the ever elusive cheetah and leopard are very slim with only one more safari day to go, I think I'm quite happy with all that I've seen and experienced.
 
We had a long day getting here from Nakuru but watching the sun set on our game drive in Amboseli was worth it. Completely unexpected but one of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen.

Tags: animals, family, friends, kenya, outdoors, safari, sunsets

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.