Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Thursday: A Casual Day in Copenhagen

DENMARK | Thursday, 8 August 2013 | Views [1114]

Life's simple pleasures are really the most fulfilling.
 
It rained today. I stayed up too late last night. Maybe I drank too much too. But it was all in the name of fun and more importantly, it was time well spent with good friends I don't always have the chance to be around.
 
Today, I've taken it easy after coming back to Jess T's from a night at Jess K's (I know this is confusing). I've lingered quite happily in the comfort of Jess T's beautiful apartment, indulging in a good shower, smørrebrød rye sandwiches, a warm cup of tea and some reading. I finally mustered enough motivation and energy in the afternoon, to leave the house for some ice cream and a bit of neighbourhood wandering. I'm now taking a walk through the park after satisfying my sweet tooth with HVIID's home made ice cream popsicles and being fed eye candy with the cute little kitschy homes in Brumleby "village" and on Olufsvej.
 
One could argue that I'm wasting precious time in Copenhagen, not going out and doing any real sightseeing. But I've found through travelling that the best way to appreciate and understand a city is to just take time to breathe it. Especially when you are weary. So while today was almost like spending a day resting back in Brisbane, in a good way it wasn't entirely. 

Tags: cities, european adventure, food, friends, reflections

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.