Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Nice is Nice!

FRANCE | Saturday, 15 June 2013 | Views [409]

I had a good time in Nice despite the trouble getting there. France had a train strike the day I travelled to Nice, causing quite a bit of havoc. My first train was changed to leave from a different station. My second train was packed to the maximum with people scrambling to get on to stand in the aisles and steps. It was packed so much that the train broke down and we had to wait an hour before we were on our way to Nice again. As a result, I got to Nice two hours later than expected. 

Thankfully, Nice is a great place to chill out after a stressful day. Indulging your senses (especially tastebuds!) in the markets of Vieux Nice, chilling out on the pebbled beach, and topping it off with the beautiful view of the city from the Coline du Chateau. With a strong Italian influence and good weather, the food is delicious. The beach even though pebbled was great - it made the waves sound different and meant you didn't bring a kilo of sand home with you.
 
I managed to go to Monaco with the one day I had in Nice. Going to Monte Carlo was like observing the fish while inside their bowl. There's not much to do here but people watch and ponder where all the money comes from. Five year old kids in designer clothes. Masseratis, Royces and Ferraris just rolling round the street. Who are these people?
 
I'm off to Italy now feeling a little upset because I've lost my funky tripod from San Francisco. I left it on the beach as a gift for Nice :(
 

Tags: beaches, cities, european adventure

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.